CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Does your organization have non-profit status in Colombia or the US? If YES, open the Letter of Intent Form by clicking on the “Application Form” below. If NO, please do not proceed. You are not eligible for funding.
NUTRITION IN COLOMBIA
The New England Association for Colombian Children’s (NEACOL) grant program serves our mission: to provide financial resources to support programs that contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of Colombian children in need. NEACOL’s grant program addresses three broad areas that are aligned with its mission: health, education and nutrition.
The 2023 Call for Proposals will prioritize funding to organizations in 2024 that directly address children’s nutritional needs.
“The right to food is recognized in the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights as part of the right to an adequate standard of living”
• 21,337 cases of acute malnutrition in early childhood were reported in 2022 by health institutions.
• At least 257 children died of malnutrition in Colombia in 2022.
• There is an increase of 34% in malnutrition as a result of a dramatic increase of food insecurity in Colombian households.
• 86,9% of children ages 13 to 17 years old do not meet the fruit and vegetable requirement recommended by the World Health Organization.
• Mothers do not have the necessary knowledge on how to feed their children.
• There is an increase in the number of malnutrition cases in the territories of Cesar, Meta, Magdalena, La Guajira, Bolivar, Choco, Atlantico, Arauca, Amazonas,Tolima in comparison with 2014 and 2019.